September 17, 2012

Classroom Tour and some FREEBIES!

WOW, getting back to school has been absolutely CR...A....ZY! I think I have finally caught my breath and I'm ready to share my classroom with you.  Come on in.......

FREEBIES FIRST....AFTER SCHOOL ARRANGEMENTS AS SEEN BY THE DOOR. 


As you can see I use the
Rockin Behavior chart from Babbling Abby of the "Inspired Apple".   
I don't do a theme other than cordinating colors in my room, no apples, jungle animals, no super heros, etc. Boring I know, but I get tired of looking at things really quickly!  I would have the ENTIRE jungle wiped out by November!  (Poor monkeys ) 
To the  left  of my door is where I store all of my posters
for my poetry station and shared reading.  The poetry station is to the right , students use a
magnet on the back of the bookcase to hold the poetry posters. 

SIDEBAR and a CUTE STORY........This is a  picture of my daughters "behavior chart "she made for her class.   I was tooling around the house doing laundry the other day when I walked in to find her teaching class with her freshly made behavior chart taped to her wall.  Guess who was at the top of the chart?  Yes of course.....her...... but isn't she the teacher????

Last year I purchased Cara's Calendar Companion {K-2 Printables to Supplement Your Dail and absolutely LOVE it!  I wanted my Calendar to mirror the Calendar Companion so it was easy for my kiddos to follow along.  SO.....I made this bright squiggle calendar to fill that order.  You can pick up your squiggle calendar here.
 





I love my guided reading area!!!! I have had this area just about everywhere in my room, but last December it found a permanant home snuggled in this corner.    Since I changed up the colors in my room this year I "had" to make new Reading Strategies posters. You can get your copy of them free here
 
 
 
 
 
 
If you like the  chevron labels you can pick up your "Editable" copy here.  Did I say Editable? Matching station signs can be picked up here but are not editable.
The back of my room has a lot going on with three stations and a cart that I use to organize dry erase boards, reading journals, writing folders, and student clipboards that are used for unfinished work. I was in the process of making a writing "I Can" board when I found this one from "A Cupcake for the Teacher"  you can check it out here.  I also have use her math "I Can" board. 
That's it........the end of the tour......my corner...and that's all I have to say about that!!!  Forest Gump was on the other day, I couldn't resist. In a perfect world I would have a laptop at my guided reading table and I would use this for a station. What would you do with your classroom in a perfect world? Thank you for stopping by to check out my classroom!!!
 
~Alison~

0 comments:

Post a Comment