January 3, 2013

New Year's Craftivity and I'm Baaaaaack from Maternity Leave


So…first off…Happy New Year!  This past year was a crazy, busy, exciting, nerve-wracking, and short (?) year.  I had a new baby, finished grad school (for the second time…lol), and started this blog with Alison.  I can’t wait to see what 2013 has in store!

Since I’ve been just a little absent from this blog, I thought I would introduce you to the reason why!
 This is  little guy #2, he was born at 33 weeks due to my severe pre-eclampsia that started a few days before his birth.  Thankfully he’s been growing like a weed even though he started out teeny tiny.  He’s my little cuddly guy.  The sad thing is, I have to go back to work on Monday!  Why can’t he come with me? 

While I hate that I have to leave little guy at the babysitter, I am super excited about seeing my kiddos again.  I had the pleasure of reading their letters to me and I cracked up.  One gave me a multiple-choice quiz:

Dear Mrs. Mason,

How is your baby doing?  fine     not fine   (circle one).  Does Little Guy #1 like him?  yes   no  (circle one). 

Love,
Zach

My hubs doesn’t get how funny/cute I found that.  It went on with about 3 more questions, too.  I can’t believe I forgot it on my desk!

Speaking of desks, lets talk New Year’s Resolutions and my new FREE crafitivity at my TPT store.  It’s a little door that the kids put together and place their resolutions or goals inside.   You can put your students real picture inside or have them draw a self-portrait.  Either one is cute!  There are two different choices, either students write goals or resolutions.  Enjoy!

What does that have to do with desks you ask?  WELL, let’s just say I’m a messy desk teacher and try as I might to keep it clean, stacks of books and papers grow.  So, I am going to do my best to keep my desk neat, if not completely cleared off in 2013.  Any other messy desk teachers out there?   Anyone? 

Here's my resolution:
Let us know what your teaching resolution is!!  If you like what you see, leave a comment!  I'd love to hear from you.  Happy New Year!

***Caroline***


2 comments:

Miss Cosby said...

A very busy 2012!

Such a cutie!! Congrats.

That note is adorable. I think it's a teacher thing.


Brenda
You Might Be a First Grader...

A Tale of 2 First Grades said...

Thanks Brenda! Hopefully 2013 won't be quite as busy! :)

Caroline

Post a Comment