March 5, 2013

Reading Strategies Freebie


I can't believe that spring break is only 2 1/2 days away.  I don't know about you but I have two thoughts here, number one I am more than ready for a break and number two I can't believe we are already heading into the last quarter! Where on earth does the time go? 
 
This week we are spending time DRA testing our students.  DRA testing brings on so many feelings for me; it  is super exciting to see the amazing progress some students have made but also frustrating and sad to see that some students are still struggling to become readers.   But that is A OK because we have sailed into, as I call it ...........

While testing students can be stressful, my many years of teaching first grade has taught me that even though there are only nine weeks left..... amazing things can happen in just four.  Honestly, it does seem like some of those kiddos can barely read a level 4 one day and the next day they are tearing up a level 24!  Believe in the Magic of First Grade
 
Here's an updated version of my reading strategies posters to help get your kiddos through the Magic of March! 

 



0 comments:

Post a Comment